RAK4260 Reading Printed Device EUI

Each RAK4260 module comes with a Device EUI printed on top of it. Is this EUI programmed at a certain location of the device? If so, how do we access it? Which memory location is it stored at?

By enabling the #define EDBG_EUI_READ in the sample code, the device looks for its EUID from on the I2C bus from an external chip, which is not present…

Find the file “conf_app.h” and you find the EUI is set by editing this line near under the heading OTAA

define DEMO_DEVICE_EUI {0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00}

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply…
I am aware that the device EUI can be specified using the #define, however, I want to know if the Device EUI printed by RAK on the 4260 module is readable from within the device. I have done this with one module but now that I want to add 5 more modules to my network, I want each of them to be able to read their own Device EUI from within their memory locations…

If the EUI is not accessible from within the device then one would have to configure each device through the serial port or USB…

Hi yashdarad, The EUI printed on the top hasn’t been writen into the device.Because all the users usually used the software that developed by themself,so the software in device is only a simple demo. and also you can use the EUI printed on the sticker when you finish your software.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.