RAK5860 WisBlock Nb-Iot BG77 Series GNSS

Is the GPS data issue already resolved on your device but data is not pushing to Hologram? Or still no GPS data? It might take a while to get a fix if it is GPS data related. You can monitor the serial monitor for the next sending cycle if the GPS fix will be achieved. It will take few minutes for the next cycle of getting gps data and sending to hologram.

watch 38/62 post by Jeroen !

Jeroen has a different issue. His output on UART lines suddenly disappear and only get his data now via USB port.

Ahhh, I have 10pce of WisBlock, including RAK5860.
What I can do to you guys to test them ? I’m a fully booked businessman, but try to help ! No more support from anyone for this project

Hi @magdoz59 ,

The last issue you have is related to the GPS. It is the bug related to parsing. Please try the code I sent above. I think dropbox keeps it active for a limited time only. This will be on the next update of the BSP but for now, I give that link to you :+1:

Firmware, I should to use Seeger to burn you last firmware? and what will be that ?

Sorry. I mean the wisblock code i sent above via dropbox link. Hologram_Tcp2.ino.

1 Like

Same issues Dear innocent buyers ! Nothing happened at last months ! Keep your money Safe !

Please send me the logs of the last code fix I sent so I can see what happen? It should be able to fix the GPS issue you have :+1:

Have some time … Where I can find the testing code ?

Can I have your email? I sent the dropbox link but it seems you can’t download it. I will just send it via email :+1:

1 Like

nothing solved, The Rak sw team are still slipping ?

The source code with fix was already sent to your email. Without the proper feedback, it will be hard for me to give support.

I am here to give 100% support here on forum and on private message but again, without showing the serial logs, I will not know how to move forward. The GPS signal are parsed properly on my personal testing so hopefully you got the same result too :+1:

Hi

I ran the code on two WisBlock device having same log files:

10:09:53.205 → RAK11200 Cellular TEST With Hologram sim card!
10:10:01.211 → BG77 power up!
10:10:01.744 →
10:10:04.689 →
10:10:07.666 →
10:10:10.688 →
10:10:13.674 →
10:10:18.599 →
10:10:25.507 →
10:10:27.503 → Send test data to Hologram via TCP!
10:10:47.038 →
10:15:41.972 →
10:15:41.972 → {“k”:"+C7pOb8=",“d”:,“t”:“TOPIC1”}
10:15:44.910 →
10:15:47.895 →

The device not anymore recognized by the computer, the lights went off, only the red light at RAK5005 it’s ON.

The code seemed to work. There was an issue with the GPS, not coming back on; however loading the old code corrected the issue.
I don’t see the information being pushed to Hologram. Thanks for the help.

@Rodique2 @magdoz59 ,

I suggest you use the GPS code with parsing (I one I sent above). The old one will cause error due to a very big array. The default code on the next BSP release will be based on that.

Regarding hologram, it seems that LTE CAT M1 is only supported on US Global IoT Coverage | Hologram.

If you are outside US, you might need to use your local cellular connection for connectivity.

Be sure these lines are in your sketch:
#define BG77_POWER_KEY 4 //WB_IO1
#define BG77_GPS_ENABLE 34 //WB_IO2
#define BG77_POWER_KEY 17

I discovered the last line is required too

Hi @JeroenKl @magdoz59 @Rodique2 ,

I am sorry for the confusion on the BG77_POWER_KEY. It should be 17 and not 4.

#define BG77_GPS_ENABLE 34
#define BG77_POWER_KEY 17

Will be enough :100:

No worries, We work together to fix some issues.
Jeroen at NL, me at Nz …
Thanks for your help/work Sir !
Just pls. wait for our feedbacks… some time difference between us !

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me. Figured out a few of the errors, like adding

bg77_at(“AT+QIDEACT=1”, 3000);
delay(2000);

in front of

bg77_at(“AT+QIACT=1”, 3000);

Also, I think the AT+QISEND might be wrong, because the byte size wasn’t there (at least for me).

However, after addressing those items, when I attempt to send information (even using text rather than the gps location), I get an error. I follow the steps also noted below, and sometimes I don’t get an error, however the data doesn’t send. Wondering if its Hologram, or the setup.

Going to have to take a break