SSH into RAK7244 not working AGAIN

I posted the same issue in another thread, but it got closed since I marked it as resolved!
But with further investigation, it was not actually resolved: original post

Following on that thread, I flashed the memory using RAK firmware again and then connected the device to my monitor, the monitor didn’t show anything!
Any idea what should I be doing next?

P.S.: I hadn’t connected the GPS antena, could that cause the problem?

Was the monitor connected before you powered it up?

Whilst it seems very odd, you could try a standard Raspberry Pi image to see what happens?

I’d not imagine the GPS not having an aerial plugged in would cause an issue, have you considered just plugging it in to try - not a huge imposition!

Was the monitor connected before you powered it up?

No, I turned it on, then plugged in the monitor.

Whilst it seems very odd, you could try a standard Raspberry Pi image to see what happens?

I actually did, nothing happened! Same result.

I currently don’t have the GPS antenna, should check with my friend to see if he got it!

Soooooooo, what do you think may be a good test to try next then?

I wanna do 2 things:

1. Use another SD card and flash it with RAK firmware.
  2. Get the GPS antenna from my friend which I probably will have to wait till tomorrow!

But hopefully that hasn’t damaged the board since in the starter guide there’s a warning that says don’t power on the device without GPS antenna!

P.S. I’m referring to this: Starter guide

I’m shaking my head in despair here. This is just guessing rather than trying things methodically.

The Pi, like many other computers, but particularly the Pi, needs the monitor plugged in before you turn it on.

Is that not the most obvious thing to test after the “plug in monitor after power-on” test failed?

I actually wanted to test my HDMI cable and I did the exact same thing with my other PI, which it worked completely fine. Meaning that I turned it on and then plugged the monitor in.
But i’ll test that now and will let you know!

Ok, just tested by plugging the monitor first and then turning the device on. Same result. I see a message on TV which says: “Invalid Format”. That’s new to me!