Trouble with IDE's and RUI on macOS

Hi,

I have an Intel based iMac running the latest macOS (12.6) and am having some trouble getting my RUI board working in the Arduino IDE and in the VisualStudio Code IDE.

In the Arduino IDE (version 2.0.0) I get this error when I try to install the RUI nRF boards via the boards manager.

Tool rak_rui:arm-none-eabi-gcc@9-2019q4 already installed
Tool rak_rui:[email protected] already installed
Downloading packages
rak_rui:[email protected]
Installing rak_rui:[email protected]
Failed to install platform: rak_rui:nrf52.
Error: 13 INTERNAL: Cannot install tool rak_rui:[email protected]: testing local archive integrity: testing archive size: fetched archive size differs from size specified in index: 445 != 410

And in the VSC IDE (version 1.71.2) I get this error when I try to install the RUI nRF boards via the boards manager.

[Starting] Install package - rak_rui...
rak_rui:nrf52:3.4.2
Error during install: finding platform dependencies: platform nrf52 not found in package rak_rui

Rebooting my computer does not fix the problem on either IDE. Uninstalling then rebooting and reinstalling either IDE does not fix the problem either.

Happens regardless of which of my RUI boards I use. I know the boards are working ok because I can attach to them and configure them and operate them just fine using WisToolBox.

Ideas?

Nathan.

Welcome back to RAK forum @tallackn ,

I tried it with my kid’s macOS and seems to got the same issue on the new Arduino IDE 2.x.x.

If possible, perhaps you can try on the legacy Arduino IDE 1.8.x. And if ever you will go on that path, you might encounter python related error. I am sharing to you the fix in advance - [Solved] Arduino "ModuleNotFoundError" in macOS

Seems many of our guides will be obsolete with the introduction of Arduino IDE 2.x.x since these are based on Legacy Arduino IDE.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.