Why RAK3172 PB12 Pin connected to 10kohm Internal Pullup

I want to use this pin but due to its pullup I can’ t use it? Is there any specific reason to keep this pin internally pulled up. I didn’t understand what mean by “10 kΩ internally pulled-up for high freq variant”?

Hi @gokat ,

We use the internal resistor to identify if the module is for high freq variant (8xx to 9xx Mhz band) or for low freq variant (4xx Mhz band). This approach let us deploy a common firmware for our RAK3172 modules. Common FW for both high and low freq variants.

1 Like

Is there any other pins you used for other purpose?

Details of the other pins are in the pin definition

Is there any issue with PA5 pin, When I reset (0) the pin, current consumption is about 30mA and voltage on pin is 0.5v. and if keep high current consumption is about 2mA and voltage on pin is 3.12Volt.

Hi @gokat ,

Internally, nothing is connected to PA5. When you do the measurements, what is the status of the device (idle? connected to network? etc.)?

Are you also using the RAK3172 default FW? If not and you have a custom FW, would it be related to the FW you are using?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.