You can try to use the 2 ~ 3 step in the following picture:

at+cops=1,0,“Jio 4G”,7
+CME ERROR: 22
CME ERROR : 22 , mean that Not found

i used this command “at+qnwinfo”
+QNWINFO: “FDD LTE”,“405874”,“LTE BAND 5”,2539

there is no option -configure APN

Hi, @varun

Maybe you can try to use another image for RAK2013 + RPi, which is based on Raspbian OS:
https://www.rakwireless.com/en/download/LoRa/LoRa-Gateway-Image#RAK7243(LTE)
Download the second image named “RAK7243_LTE_based_on_Raspbian_OS_V2.3_20190312.zip”.

pi@rak-gateway:~ $ sudo monit status
sudo: monit: command not found
when i used this OS - "RAK7243_LTE_based_on_Raspbian_OS_V2.3_20190312.zip”.

pi@rak-gateway:~ $ sudo /usr/sbin/pppd call quectel-ppp
/usr/sbin/pppd: Can’t open options file /etc/ppp/peers/quectel-ppp: No such file or directory
pi@rak-gateway:~ $

Hello Fomi & Jimmy
Please do your self and tell what exactly i have to do .
still facing problem .
I was talk with kimson to solve it fast .

Steps:
1.use command “sudo killall -9 wait_pi_hat_and_ppp”
2.use command “sudo gateway-config”,choose “7 Configure LTE Module”, choose “1 Active LTE Module”
3.quit gateway-config
4.use “sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 115200”
5.Input “AT” and “Enter”, if you can see “OK”, it indicates the connection between RPi and LTE module is nice.
6.Input AT+COPS=? to query the information of the network operator
7.Then, set the network operator you want to use
8.Steps 4 through 7 can refer to How to use LTE function on RAK7243/Pilot gateway pro
9.quit minicom
10.use command “sudo gateway-config”,choose “6 Configure APN name”, fill the apn name
11. use command “sudo pppd call gprs”, it will connect to LTE network.

Compiled on Apr 22 2017, 09:14:19.
Port /dev/ttyAMA0

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT
OK
AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,“Jio 4G”,“Jio 4G”,“405874”,7),(1,“Reliance”,“Reliance”,“40515”,7),(0)

OK
AT+COPS=1,0,“Jio 4G”,7
+CME ERROR: 22

Have you tried the command AT+COPS=1,0,“Reliance”,7 ?

at+cops=1,0,“Reliance”,7
ERROR
AT=COPS=1,0,“Reliance”,7
ERROR

also i’m not able to put command “quit minicom”

@varun were you able to solve and get the RAK2013 up and running? Even I’m facing issues to configure and setup.

Please have a look at the section 6.4 of the following document:
http://docs.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/Pilot-Gateway-Pro-RAK7243/Application-Notes/Get_Start_with_RAK7243_with_LTE_LoRa_Gateway.pdf

Hello,
I’m facing some issues trying to connect to the Internet using the Rak2013.
OS Version : RAKWireless gateway RAK7243 version 2.9.2R

when i try use AT commands through minicom this is what i get

Can you help please

@aja
Try the following steps as follows:

1. Modify /etc/chatscripts/quectel-chat-connect to add a line to the file as shown below:
  2. After changing the quectel-chat-connect file, do not use the gateway-config to set the APN name, otherwise the first step change will be invalid.
  3. Set the LTE module to boot, then restart the gateway.
    2019-10-11%2014%3A37%3A16
  4. After the gateway restarts, wait 3-5 minutes, use the ifconfig command to see if ppp0 exists.

1. If ppp0 does not exist, use the gateway-config command to set the LTE module to disalbe and restart the gateway.
    2019-10-11%2014%3A40%3A47
  2. Use the "sudo pppd call gprs" command to manually dial and send the print to me.

Hello @ZhuQI ,
There is no file quectel-chat-connect in /etc/chatscripts.
this is what i found:
ppp1

Please use gateway-config to set the APN name first, then see if /etc/chatscripts/quectel-chat-connect exists.

after adding AT+COPS=0, i tried sudo pppd call gprs and it worked fine, then i enabled LTE automatic Dial-up and it didn’t work , so i disabled and tried sudo pppd call gprs this is what i get.

i also trien enablign automatic dial up after adding AT+COPS=0 (the procedure you suggested), and it worked after the first reboot, the second reboot it stopped working it seems like it only works once .

Still need to trouble you to make some changes.
Add the content shown in the screenshot to the file /etc/chatscripts/quectel-chat-connect, then execute sudo pppd call gprs and print all the prints to me.

no trouble :slight_smile: , here are the prints and the config i used:

t1

t2

t3

@aja
I think it may be some hardware problem, you can contact the after-sales replacement for a new one.

Hi again,
i’ve received another Board, i managed to make it work with a RPI3 model B, however when i try to add the RAK2245 PI HAT i can’t get the RAK2013 to work. i think it might be due to the UART Port being used by RAK2245 pi hat, any thoughts on how to solve this ?

this is what i get when i run sudo pppd call gprs.